Gorilla Habituation Experience in Uganda
Gorilla Habituation Experience is another prominent safari activity travelers interested in watching the Gorillas can take on. This is prominently done in Uganda, Rwanda as well as the Democratic Republic of Congo.
The experience requires visitors to stay in the presence of the Gorillas for a period of 4 hours compared to the one hour allowed to those tracking the Gorillas.
This offers you a longer time with the Gorillas getting to learn and know about them as well as their natural habitat from the researchers.
In Uganda, this occurs at the thick Bwindi Forest National Park taking a period of 4 hours to stay around the habituated Mountain Gorilla Groups.
These are habituated to be approached by the visitors offering remarkable adventures to all interested as they watch them play, copulate, lead, feed, breast feed and communicate with each other.
Gorilla Habituation in Bwindi Forest is carried out in the Southern Region of Rushaga and only 4 Permits are provided daily for those interested due to the existence of only one Gorilla Group undergoing the Habituation experience.
The Gorilla Habituation Permit costs US $1500 per person interested in staying longer with the Gorillas.
To enjoy the Gorilla Habituation in Bwindi Forest National Park at Rushaga, you are required to register for your habituation experience the Day before in the evening then wake up very early the next morning to transfer to the headquarters for briefing then with an experienced Park ranger penetrate the forest to enjoy habituating the Mountain Gorillas.
Why Go for the Gorilla Habituation Experience in Uganda
- Gorilla Habituation offers you more time with the Mountain Gorillas i.e 4 hours compared to 1 for tracking.
- The Experience takes the whole day in the forest.
- You are involved in the habituation experience compared to Gorilla Trekking where you track and view the Mountain Gorillas.
- You are fewer i.e 4 as you go for the experience compared to Gorilla Trekking where you are 8 in number.
- It offers you an opportunity to learn the habits of the Mountain Gorillas as you are informed by the Rangers and Researchers.
- The Rushaga Sector of the Park is close to Rwanda making accessibility to the Park easier.