Uganda Gorilla Trekking Cost (2022): How much to see Gorillas in UgandaUganda Gorilla Trekking Cost (2022), 1 day gorilla tour costs US $970, 2 Days U$1150, 3 Days US $1350 per person. Uganda Gorilla Trekking Cost (2022) depends on the Accommodation you prefer to use while on your Gorilla trekking Tour in Uganda at Bwindi Forest National Park and Mgahinga National Park.
How much does it cost to go Gorilla trekking in Uganda?Gorilla Trekking Safari in Uganda may cost you according to where you are going to sleep (Accommodation) as well as other safari activities. The Cost should include the Gorilla Trekking Permit that costs US $700 per person interested in trekking the Gorillas in their natural vegetation habitat. Gorilla trekking permit today costs US $700 for foreign nonresidents, US $600 for foreign residents of East African countries (Uganda, Rwanda, Kenya, Tanzania) and 250,000 UGX for East African citizens. Luxury Gorilla Trekking Tours cost between US $1600 to US $7000, super luxury US $4000 to US $6000 per person, then US $1152 per person in lower budget accommodation. All the prices for Gorilla Trekking depend on where the travelers prefer to sleep.
How many people trek Gorillas in Uganda?Just like in other countries i.e Rwanda and DR Congo Gorillas are tracked for 3-5 hours in the forest depending on their location and when you meet them an hour is allowed in their presence taking numerous photos to keep for memories. If you are perfect shape physically, we recommend you choose the long trek as this offers you memorable adventure experiences as well as builds anticipation for when you finally meet the Gorillas.
How does it feel when you finally meet the Gorillas?You are allowed an hour to stay in the presence so you can sit down or stay standing taking photographs and videos quietly, moving slowly. This is due not to scare off the Gorillas.
Rules to Follow Gorilla Trekking in Uganda, Rwanda & DR Congo
- Maintain a distance of 7 meters away from the Gorillas
- When approached by a Silverback Gorillas and сhаrgеѕ at you, don’t run but rather you scot while looking down because if you run it will chase you like an enemy.
- Don’t make аnу abrupt mоvеѕ or loud nоiѕеѕ while in the presence of the gorillas.
- Don’t stare direct into the eyes of the gorillas for his could appear hostile in the eyes of the gorillas.
- Smoking, drinking оr eating is not реrmittеd in the presence of the gorillas.
- Children under the age оf 15 aren’t allowed to go gоrillа trеkking.
What is the Weather like on a gorilla trek?Weather in Bwindi Forest National Park is 23° C (73° F), and 11° C (52° F) at night with rain that usually falls all the time due to the location of the park close to the equator.
What should I bring on a gorilla trek?
- A Good Camera to take clear photos. This should have a waterproof bag to protect it from rain drops.
- Insect repellent to smear so that you don’t get bitten by insects like mosquitoes.
- A tough pair of gardening gloves to protect you from pierced by thorns from trees as you trek Gorillas.
- A walking stick to use while trekking the Gorillas. These are hired at the park gate.
- A Daypack or rucksack to carry all your essentials and goodies like your camera and rain jacket.